Saturday, December 27, 2008

Catching Up

Once again, it has been too long.  I was so determined to keep up with this blog...life gets in the way.  So much has happened.  My little baby turned one on December 14th and he is such a little man!  Walking--no, practically RUNNING around the entire house non-stop and getting into everything.  He is so inquisitive and curious about his surroundings.  It is really wonderful to watch his development!

Brent, Nate and I hosted Thanksgiving here at our house and had my family over.  We also hosted Christmas and in between those two, we also had Nate's first birthday party here at the house.  Needless to say, it has been a busy couple of months.  

We've also been busy with work and I for one, am so very thankful to be on vacation until January 5th.  I used to truly love my job because I love to teach, but with the current trends in public education, I no longer consider myself a teacher.  I do a whole lot of testing and test preparation.  I see very little real learning going on in my school and I'm pretty certain the same thing is happening in thousands of classrooms across the state and even across the country.  What a sad reality for education in America...but that's a whole other blog.

I am posting some pics of Thanksgiving, 1st Birthday and Christmas all together, LOL!








Nate playing with his cousin, Agatha


Nate's birthday cake--he's way into duckies, haha!


Mommy helping Nate blow out his candles


Birthday boy with Mommy and Daddy


Christmas!


Opening presents!



His favorite gift!


One of my favorite gifts was from my mother-in-law.  She sent me a BEAUTIFUL scrapbook of Nate's first year.  Flipping through the pages, I can see how much time and love went into making it and I can't look at it without crying.  Tears of pride, joy and a tiny bit of sadness to see how fast my little baby is growing.  





And my wonderful husband also spoiled me with great gifts.  Not only did he get me a new computer--this beautiful Macbook I'm typing on--but he also got me lovely diamond earrings and a diamond circle necklace that he says I've been crying for for a couple of years.  LOL, he's probably right! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment