Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moving?

So one of my favorite passtimes is surfing the net and looking at houses for sale. What can I say? I'm a sucker for real estate. In the current economy, investing in real estate is great for people who don't own houses they're upside down in. I can't believe some of the houses for sale and their asking prices!!! We bought our house in January of 2005, when the real estate market was really booming in South Florida. I can admit we paid more for it than it was probably worth, but even afterwards, we continued to watch our equity rise. Until the past year. Now we could by a house almost 3 times the size of ours for less than we paid for it. Isn't that pathetic??? Well...maybe not. So my passtime turned into an idea... I saw an ad for a 5 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 3 car garage house in our neighborhood. A house that in January of 2005 would've been sold for $450,000. Now? $250,000. What??? Is this for real??? Yes it is! So is it time for us to upgrade? Possibly. We have an offer in on the house and we have listed ours for rent. If it all works out, it's a great deal and we're very excited. Definitely sudden, and nothing is certain at this point, but we're hopeful. It really would be a wonderful house for Nate to grow up in. And we'd definitely have room for any little brothers or sisters that might come along! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment