Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

Another year. Our New Years was pretty uneventful, but that's definitely not something that bothers me. Ten years ago I would've been hitting all the clubs and partying until dawn, but now I'm actually content to stay in with my boys, watch a good movie and drink some good wine. I got a little nostalgic putting Nate to bed last night as I realized it was soon to be 2009 and not 2008. Brent and I have joked that 2208 was Nate's year because of the way it sounds when you say it. Two thousand and Nate, LOL! Silly, I know...but it must all be connected to the little twinge of sadness every mother feels at watching their babies grow up so fast. And Nate is growing--FAST! It seems like the past year went by in the blink of an eye and another year has come along too soon. Man, I remember thinking time DRAGGED when I was a kid! Now it just keeps speeding up. Regardless, 2008 was a great year for the most part. We're looking forward to an even better 2009 and great things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment