Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekends

Man, I live for weekends!!! Don't get me wrong. I've always enjoyed weekends. Not having to go to work, getting to sleep in, watch TV all day or lay out by the pool. It's always been pretty great. But lately, I really LIVE for weekends. And not because I get to sleep in, lol! That doesn't happen anymore. But because I get to spend the entire day, all day with my sweet baby boy. It's the best thing ever! Especially because the older he gets, the more he interacts and I'm starting to feel like I might be missing too much. I was fortunate enough to be around for when he first started crawling and I got lucky that he took his first steps one afternoon after I got home. But I missed his first word! I'm pretty sure it's his first word. He's been babbling and saying "mamamamama" and "dadadada" for a couple of months. Sometimes I think he directs them at Brent and me and at other times I'm pretty sure it's just meaningless babble. But this was his first word! He said "light". Although when he says it, it sounds like "laaaaaaaaa". But he'll actually point right at the light and say it. Melts. My. Heart. Brent took him outside at night this past week and upon seeing Venus bright in the sky, he promptly pointed and and said "laaaaaaaaaaaa"! Yes, my kid is a genius!!! :D
At least his first word took place in the presence of his father. That's pretty cool. Brent works later than I do, so by the time he gets home, it's almost bathtime and bedtime. But he does get to spend part of the morning with him, so he got to witness the "laaaaaaaaaaa" incident. Pretty awesome!

One of the things Nate most loves is playing outside. Just being in the driveway, walking down to the sidewalk, plopping his little tush on the grass and pulling out clump-fulls. He could spend hours out there giggling and exploring, so that takes up a large part of our weekends. And he's just so darn cute doing it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment